Wearing contact lenses boosts your confidence, whether meeting important clients or casually meeting up with your friends. These small, almost invisible lenses have transformed the way millions of people see the world. With that being said, no matter how useful these eye lenses are, you’ll have to take proper care of them. The most important thing you must do is keep your contact lenses clean.
In this blog, we have compiled the top 10 important tips that you should follow to take care of contact lenses.
Contact lenses, when not taken care of, can be the reason behind eye infections. You can prevent an infection by maintaining your contact lenses, and ensuring they are clean at all times. Here are some easy ways to take care of contact lenses.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly: Wash your hands with soap and water before handling your contact lenses. This is one of the most crucial steps to avoid transferring any dirt or oil to your eyewear.
2. Avoid water contact: Always keep your contact lenses away from water. Never shower, swim, or indulge in water-related activities while wearing them.
3. Remove your lenses before sleeping: Sleeping in lenses is not approved as they can increase/ cause eye infection unless designed for extended wear. It can cause damage to the outer layers of the eye and can damage eye vision.
4. Use a fresh solution: Never reuse the old contact lens solution as it can increase the risk of infection. Hence, always use a fresh solution every time you clean or store your lenses.
5. Adhere to the recommendations: Always wear lenses as per guidelines given to you upon purchase of your contact lenses. Also, ensure that you replace as scheduled and advised by your eye specialist.
6. Storage case hygiene: Remember to clean your contact lens storage case regularly. Always rinse them using a fresh solution and leave the case to air dry.
7. Limit the use of makeup: Apply makeup only after you have inserted your contact lens to avoid any makeup particles entering your eyewear. Also, ensure that you only use organic products to reduce the risk of eye irritation.
8. Regular checkups: This one goes without saying. Schedule regular eye checkups to ensure your contact lenses are apt for your eyes.
9. Never overwear lenses: Another important thing to remember is to replace your lenses as recommended by your eye specialist. Overwearing lenses can lead to eye infection or can even bring regular discomfort to your eye.
10. Rub and rinse: Do you know that ‘rub and rinse’ is the best way to clean contact lenses? Always rub the contact lenses using your fingers first to remove any deposits, debris, etc., on the lens surface. After that, rinse the lens with a contact lens solution. This step ensures that your lens is clean for safe and comfortable wear.
If you are new to wearing contact lenses, you might have concerns regarding storage and usage of lens solutions .Read on to know how you can take good care of your contact lenses in a lens solution.
As per your eye specialist's recommendation for the replacement of your contacts, you may keep them in solution in a tightly closed storage lens case for up to 30 days.
Prior to inserting the stored contact lens in your eyes, it is best to clean and disinfect them with a solution to reduce the risk of eye infection.
If you’re wondering whether contact lenses go bad in a solution, it is best to follow the replacement schedule whether it's weekly or monthly as suggested by a professional.
When using contact lenses, you are prone to getting eye infections. This could either be due to an allergic reaction to the lens solution or poor maintenance of lenses.
If you experience the following symptoms, you’re most probably suffering from contact lens-related eye infection.
Unusual redness in the eye
Unexplained new pain in the eye
Feeling like your eye is heavy or something is there in your eye
Contact lenses are an excellent substitute for your regular eyeglasses. However, it is important that you purchase them from a reputed store. Discover EyeMyEye.com wide range of contact lenses, where you’ll find high-quality lenses with exceptional moisture content and great comfort. The best part is that these lenses are available for zero power and some brands also - johnson and johnson, bousch and lomb. Available in various colors - blue, grey, hazel lenses etc.
For a closer look, visit our website to explore the new collection!