Vision is an extremely important function in day-to-day life. When eyeglasses help you see properly it’s important to ensure they are well-maintained to do their job correctly. In this blog, we will talk about everything related to the benefits of cleaning and maintaining eyewear for longevity.
Benefits of practicing regular and right maintenance methods
How to take care of your eyewear
Bonus: Pro tips on picking the most durable eyewear
Did you know:
Owning eyeglasses meant you were elite!
Back in the day if one owned eyeglasses, it was considered a status symbol since it was so expensive to buy one.
Cleaning and maintaining your eyewear properly is essential for not only their longevity and clarity but much more. Here are some tips on how to clean and maintain your eyewear to reap its benefits:
1. Clear Vision: Proper maintenance ensures that your eyewear provides you with clear vision. Regular cleaning helps remove smudges, dirt, and oils that can accumulate on the lenses, obstructing your vision. Clean your lenses allow you to see clearly, improving your overall visual experience.
2. Longevity: Maintaining your eyewear properly can significantly extend its lifespan. By following cleaning and care instructions, you can prevent scratches, breakage, and other damage that can occur due to neglect or improper handling. This means you won't need to replace your eyewear as frequently, saving you money in the long run.
3. Comfort: Well-maintained eyewear offers greater comfort when you wear them. Regular cleaning removes debris that can cause discomfort, such as dirt particles or smudges that may blur your vision. Clean your glasses frames also help prevent skin irritation or discomfort from oils, sweat, or residue that can accumulate on the frame surfaces.
4. Eye Health: Dirty or poorly maintained eyewear can pose a risk to your eye health. Accumulated dirt, oils, and bacteria on the lenses or frames can potentially cause eye infections or irritations. By keeping your eyewear clean, you reduce the risk of transferring harmful bacteria or substances to your eyes.
5. Functionality: Maintaining your eyewear ensures that it functions properly. Loose screws, misaligned frames, or damaged nose pads can affect the fit and stability of your glasses. Regular maintenance allows you to identify and address these issues promptly, ensuring that your eyewear fits correctly and stays securely in place.
6. Appearance: Clean and well-maintained eyewear enhances your appearance and boosts your confidence. Dirty or smudged lenses can be distracting and make your glasses look unkempt. Taking the time to clean and care for your eyewear ensures that it looks polished and well-presented.
7. Preserving Lens Coatings: Many eyewear lenses come with special coatings, such as anti-glare, scratch-resistant, or UV protection coatings. Proper maintenance helps preserve these coatings, ensuring that they continue to provide the intended benefits. Neglecting maintenance can lead to the deterioration of these coatings, reducing their effectiveness over time.
8. Safety: Maintaining your eyewear is essential for safety reasons. Scratched or damaged lenses can compromise your vision, especially while driving or participating in sports or other activities. Additionally, well-maintained frames provide the necessary support and stability for your lenses, reducing the risk of lens dislodgment or breakage.
By prioritizing the maintenance of your eyewear, you can enjoy clear vision, comfort, and longevity while ensuring the health and safety of your eyes. Regular cleaning, proper storage, and prompt attention to any issues that arise will help you maximize the benefits of your eyewear.
Clean eyewear is a simple yet effective method to enjoy unobstructed and healthy viewing through your spectacles. The trick here is a small but regular practice. There is nothing hard or technical that you need to know but easy methods that everyone can learn and implement.
In the previous section we dealt with the benefits of maintaining your eyewear; Now here are some tried and tested methods to keep your specs in optimum conditions.
1. Use a Microfiber Cloth: Use a clean, lint-free microfiber cloth to wipe your lenses. Microfiber is gentle and will not scratch the lenses. Avoid using paper towels or tissues, as they can leave behind lint and may scratch the lenses.
2. Rinse with Lukewarm Water: Before wiping your lenses, rinse them under lukewarm water to remove any debris or dust particles. This will help prevent scratching the lenses during the cleaning process.
3. Use Mild Soap: Apply a small drop of mild soap or eyeglass cleaner to the lenses. Gently rub the lenses with your fingertips to remove any oils, smudges, or dirt. Be careful not to apply too much pressure, especially if your lenses have coatings.
4. Clean the Frames: Use a soft cloth or a toothbrush with mild soap to clean the frames. Pay attention to the areas where the frames touch your skin, as they tend to accumulate oils and dirt.
5. Rinse and Dry: Rinse the lenses and frames thoroughly with lukewarm water to remove any soap residue. Shake off the excess water and use a clean, lint-free cloth to gently dry the eyewear. Avoid using tissues or paper towels, as they can leave behind fibers.
6. Avoid Harsh Chemicals and Hot Water: Harsh chemicals, including ammonia, bleach, and window cleaners, can damage lens coatings. Similarly, hot water can damage some lens materials, so it's best to stick to lukewarm water when cleaning your eyewear.
7. Store Properly: When not in use, store your eyewear in a protective case. This will help prevent scratches, breakage, and exposure to dirt and dust. Avoid placing your glasses face down as they can scratch the lenses.
8. Handle with Care: Handle your eyewear with clean hands to prevent transferring dirt, oils, or lotions onto the lenses. Avoid placing them on the top of your head or hanging them from your shirt collar, as these actions can cause them to fall and get damaged or bend them out of shape, affecting the fit.
9. Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Exposing your eyewear to extreme temperatures can cause damage. Avoid leaving them in hot cars or placing them near direct heat sources, such as stoves or heaters.
1. Frame Material: Look for frames made of durable materials like acetate, titanium, or stainless steel. These materials are lightweight, resistant to corrosion, and can withstand everyday wear and tear.
2. Spring Hinges: Frames with spring hinges provide flexibility and help prevent breakage when the glasses are bent or twisted. They are particularly useful for kids or individuals who are active or rough on their glasses.
3. Scratch-Resistant Coatings: Consider getting Contact lenses with scratch-resistant coatings. These coatings add an extra layer of protection against scratches, ensuring your eyewear stays clear and free from damage.
4. Impact-Resistant Lenses: If you participate in sports or other activities that pose a risk of impact, consider lenses made from materials like polycarbonate. These materials are more impact-resistant than regular plastic lenses.
Remember to consult your optician or eyewear professional for specific care instructions based on the type of eyewear you have, as different materials and coatings may require special attention.
If you are looking for eyewear with all these amazing features, look no further than EyeMyEye.com. Shop from us now to avail the best discounts online in India.
Stay tuned for more such informative blogs only on EyeMyEye.com